shinzeku wrote:I appreciate your time in providing buils out there for wardens however, like nuk3zord7 said. These builds are not that great.
Now...I play a caster warden myself, and I find their main DPS output is by using the SP combo. For this, you need to maximise the efficiency of the SP combo.
Some things I'd like to say about your caster build that should help achieve this:
1. Boar's blow at r3 isn't necessary, r1 is good enough. At R1, it's still 100% chance to proc the unbalanced debuff which is its main purpose as a caster warden.. to serve as a start up to the SP combo.
2. R3 Maul instead of R2 Mangle as nuk3zord7 said. The dmg output from r3 maul is better than r2 mangle. Even though r2 mangle has a higher chance to proc open wounds in itself... spamming lightning strike/flash is good enough and if you really need to.. boar's blow is always there to get the open wound debuff up. Although this is going from Unbalanced to Open wounds, Maul is a 100% chance to proc Open wounds when unbalanced debuff is there unless it misses but this is still good enough imo.
3. Superior Balance Rubies. These are not necessary to me, they're better off placed into r3 battle training rubies in the Maul tree. Less cd on shred, maul etc. and the overall cd of pet skills means more dmg.
4. Power explosion Rubies. Again not necessary IMO. The path towards them is a bit meh. Potion of punishment and static electricity aren't very efficient. These rubies could be placed in rubies like Call of the Wild which is a good skill for both single target PVE and PVP. You may also consider taking that r3 severe wounds ruby for more dmg output
5. If you're playing caster, you definitely want r3 acute pain. I myself have gotten r3 acute pain rubies and they are still not enough to proc searing pain whenever I want them. With just r2 it's even worse.. and procing Searing Pain is very important for us caster wardens for dmg. So maximising these chances are essential.
rank 3 acute pain does make it proc slightly more, but rank 2 works well enough for me. also a proc isnt suppose to proc when ever you want it to ;p
rank 3 boars blow was mainly for pvp aspects so you can knock melee classes down more often if you arnt pvping rank 1 is fine, you could even do rank 1 if you dont pvp that often.
superior balance again is pvp cause you are bound to run into pvp in this game if you dont pvp or plan on pvping much go head and switch those out.
as for rank 2 mangle < rank 3 maul... when i last checked rank 2 mangle was very close to rank 3 maul in damage, but proced open wounds more often so it was a trade off i felt was worth it for only alittle bit of damage reduction... especialy since your searing pain and shred is the main chunk of your dps with your pet, more open wounds means essentialy more searing pains ( although maul doesnt have much of a problem procing open wound unless you are out geared) is a preference neither is bad rank 2 mangle or rank 3 maul players choice
as for power explosion, i noticed a few bursts here and there of more damage with lightning strike/flash its not needed but its not useless ither i think
also call of the wild is really only a one i win button against mages and summoners.. get blood aegis down, and stone barriers ( though i see less and less mages with stone barriers and it has been nerfed as well) none the less still adds alot of pressure on those two classes, as for dps, hardly worth it imo.