1. Archetype Name: Free Trader
2. Available Races: Minotaur
3. Role: DPS, Assassin
4. Main Weapons: 1 handed Daggers, Knives, ect. Axes.
5. Armor Type: Leather
6. Name of Three Ruby Grids: Assassins' Edge, Counter, Profit
7. Archetype Mechanics and/or Key Abilities:Neutrality
– This class is considered non-hostile to all Empire and League NPCs, unless it attacks them first, or attacks a player near their factions NPCs. However, free traders cannot board the boats which lead to the factions capitals. They are able to access a Free Trader auction house and bank storage in Eljune. They can talk with and trade with both factions, making them the 'middle-men' of Allods economy.Assassins' Edge
– Makes your character invisible. Movement speed is decreased by 30%/20%/10%. Using this spell again on an enemy while invisible will deal a set percentage of their health in damage and knock the enemy down. It's highly effective against tanks or classes with high health/armor, since the damage is based on the health of the target and not the user.Counter
– For the next 2/4/6 seconds, you will absorb all damage. At the end of the spell, all the damage absorbed will be returned to the attackers. You cannot attack or move while this ability is active.Profit
– Each time you kill an enemy, your cooldowns reset. If your health goes below 20%/35%/50% you will gain increased attack damage. Monsters will drop 3%/4%/5% more gold.Headbutt
- This skill will allow the Minotaur to use his horns and ram the target. This will deal damage and blind them for 3/4/5 seconds. It will also knock them backwards.
8. Brief description of archetype/lore
Free trader minotaurs already exist in Allods. They are usually found helping out the Historians. A character that chooses to become a Free Trader will lose access to a lot of the main Nezebgrad/Novograd quests, but in exchange he will be able to deal with both factions and do their quests outside these capitols. Being neutral comes with a price - both factions can attack Free Traders.
Minotaurs are built with a surprising array of stealth attacks, however they can spec into pure DPS instead. They don't make good tanks. The Assassins' Edge ability is meant to give them a chance to close in on an enemy unseen, where they can then unleash a series of stuns and counter abilities to prevent the enemy from attacking effectively. Their weakness would be ranged classes that can keep the Minotaur kited, such as scouts or mages, but if the Minotaur gets close enough he should deal considerable damage. Similar in concept to a Melee Scout, it hits hard and dies fast.
9. Design the archetype’s unique gear/trademark look:
I made this banner in Photoshop. The logo is the emblem of the Free Trader Minotaurs. The two stripes on the flag represent the two factions and the Free Traders neutrality. You can click the image to see an older version (without the skulls). Obviously minotaurs already exist in the game, I'll try and post a screenshot of one of those as well.
Deadacothaein - Nezeb - League