iyiren8 wrote:Currently downloading, have 6hrs to wait. Took me a while to find a new game to play. I've played many. I usually start off as a mage or a healer. I skimmed through the class discussions and I will probably try mage first. I usually play solo but I really like playing in groups. Are groups hard to find? I haven't really picked a name yet since I have no clue if any of my usual choice of names are taken yet. Not sure what server I want to play, any suggestions? Otherwise I'll just cover my eyes and point. I'm not a fan of PVP but I do enjoy wars on occasion. Is there any kind of war system? What's the lvl cap? Is the community (for the most part) nice? (I only ask because besides the game-play, the type of community can also make or break a game IMO) Is there bots that overflow the game? I despise them.. How hard is it to make in-game currency? I suppose anything else I have questions for I'll discover through actual play. Thank you for reading and for anyone who answers any of the above questions.
1. Mage CAN be the best DPS class in the game, though they're squishy. You'd have to look at some guides to get used to the way mages work, imo... Though I can't be too sure, as I don't often play mages in MMORPGS... So naturally I'm not too familiar with the mechanics of a mage. =P
2. Groups aren't too hard to find... During the peak hours(I'd say between 3~10pm server time) you can find a decently sized group for the group quests.
3. Nezeb has a higher playerbase at End-game, but still has some people at the low-level zones. Tensess has a high playerbase at End-game, but from what I hear they're growing fast and getting a lot of new players.
4. So far, I haven't noticed PVP to be mandatory. In the Holy Lands, a place you get to when you reach lvl 23~25 or so, you're able to be killed by the opposing nation, but only if your Flag of War is on. By default, they wont be able to attack you unless you've attacked one of them or an NPC from their nation. You might be able to get out of the first map of the Holy Lands without too much PVP, but you really should try to experience some of it... It will give you a broader idea of what kind of class you're playing.
5. There is Astral Confrontation. This is where two guilds fight over a selected piece of land... Though this is something at the End Game. It's as close to War as I know so far. =P
6. Lvl cap is 51 right now.
7. For the most part the community is nice, especially on the forums. I've asked tons of questions on the forums, and haven't once received criticism. If I do something wrong, generally the people on the forums will kindly point out the mistake and tell me how to do it right. The community really does break or make an MMORPG... The last game I played was completely destroyed because no one cared about each other... Which sucks because it was a great game in it's glory.
8. Bots? o.o ... It wasn't until you mentioned the word that I noticed... I have never seen a bot in this game... O.o
9. I don't think it's too hard to make in-game money... Time consuming if you're F2P, but it's manageable. If you've got the time on your hands, you can make it through the game just fine overtime. =D
10. Have fun playing Allods! And don't diss the Gibberlings or I'll go to your server, join the opposing faction, and make a lvl 51 JUST so I can kill your character. ^^
Have a lovely day! =D