PLATES replaces the standard Plates add-on. Which displays player/target/targetoftarget/playerpet/party information starting in the top left of the screen.
I'm without a UITextureConvertEditor, so I just went with recoloring my already .bin-ed "Exp" bar from PlayerHUD for all background/bar elements in the picture. Looks pretty delicious, honestly.
The add-on uses some code derived from SLA's old TargetofTarget add-on. As well as the LibDnD.lua written by SLA which provides the PLATES with "Drag 'N Drop" functionality. This functionality allows the PLATES to be picked up and moved anywhere on the screen.
Customizable Plates (/plateconfig);
Customization Example (using configuration plate);
Link to download PLATES; Curse Download - PLATES
Update v1.9 or r9:
- Upgraded health/mana detection code.
Added config panel via /plateconfig.
Seems like a minor update, but is actually a major update.
Update v2.0 or r11;
- Couple of bug fixes.
Added two extra bar textures, if you have ideas for others; I can add them.
Modified text scaling to be averaged rather than just Y varied.
Changed leader plate texture.
Added mob quality recognition into the ClassPlate design.
- Added experience hovering and PvP hovering.
Figured out how to complete the portrait display so that it doesn't get angry.
Updated for 2.0.06 DnD changes.
- Updated for 3.0 and removed Buffs moving support.
- Thanks to Otonashi, Vollshrecker, and some others. I've managed to create a shell of this add-on that produces party plates on demand and updates the health bars and all that. Works for the player's pet as well right now.
- Some additional testing provided by Sinfullyyours allowed me to reconfirm functionality of the party plates after lots of modifications.
- Thanks to numerous people's assistance throughout the day, I managed to improve the visuals, and rewrote almost the entirety of the state managed ContextPopups add-on. Which is responsible for the drop down menus accessed by right-clicking full of useful commands. Also installed a simple left-click recognition on the portrait, allows quick targetting of party members and targetoftarget.
- Done. Thanks again to Yassu and Sene for their permission for the pictures I've since pulled. Sene, Driefus and a few others helped me test the code for fine tuning the LibPopup.lua to get it working appropriately.
- Scaling plates will set them at the 0 position, this is unavoidable without making copies or storing double the positioning data for each and every plate.