Everlasting Battle is shaking the very foundation of Sarnaut and what better time to think about the best build for our adventures? Many changes have affected Warriors, Mages, Summoners and Wardens.
It’s time to get ready for new epic adventures, to meet new recruits and to guide them in the best way to level their characters. It’s time to launch a new edition of the most eagerly awaited, contested and admired event in Sarnaut… Pimp My Build is back!
Do you think you have mastered your class and that you have something to teach the rookies you are facing in the Arena of Death? Or maybe you’re levelling up, you have a bunch of stat points to allocate but no idea about how to distribute them… Being guided by the best fighters in Sarnaut would be so cool!
We’re calling upon the experts of each class: show us what you can do and try to become a star in Sarnaut with Pimp My Build!
Many of you already know what it is all about, but here is a refresher of the rules:
1) Reply to this official event forum thread with a link to your “Pimp My Build archetype guide” in the appropriate archetype section, so we know you are participating in this event. Also include your character name when posting the link to your archetype guide.
Briefly include answers to questions #2-#5 in your guide.
2) Introduce yourself: your character’s name, guild and the role you have in the party, and why you like this class and its abilities.
3) Discuss the changes brought about in the latest updates, how it has altered or modified your build and how you adapt them to your play style.
4) Your build: What type of build is it (PVE, PVP, Raid, Hybrid, which specialisation), what spells and rubies did you pick and why you made these choices.
5) How do you play your class now? What do you like and what don’t you like?
6) Players can post only one guide for each class and you cannot submit the same guide you posted last time!
*However, submitting a past guide and just updating the information to the current patch won’t be enough to make your guide eligible for the event since it’s not fair to win over the past years with just minor updates. When replying in the official event forum thread you must mention what changes you have made to your guide. If we feel the amount of changes are significant, the guide will be acceptable. If we do not feel the amount of changes are significant, the guide will not be acceptable.
7) Despite the name of the event, this event is about you creating a “guide” and not just posting your build. There are no limitations to what you can add to your guide, but just imagine a new player coming to the forums for the first time and reading your guide. How helpful will your guide be to them?
9) Be on time: late entries will receive a penalty on their evaluation.
For a few tips on how you should approach this contest simply think of what you would look for in a guide to your class if you were a completely new player to Allods Online. Be clear and use language that is understandable. Make it stand out from the crowd as best you can (think of the layout and perhaps including some images). Give all the information you think is necessary (especially include your thoughts on how the class has recently changed). Remember also, originality always goes a long way with our jury!
Don’t underestimate presentation: the aim is to educate new players. Remember when you were a student in the capital. Did you prefer to study from an ordered book, where it’s easy to find the topics and examples, or from an impenetrable wall of text? Layout is not all, but a good presentation is important, you are the teachers now.
After the closing date the Allods Online team will put together scorecards for our Player Run Judging Panels: they will each individually score every build for the class they are marking and allow us to gather average scores for each entry! To provide you with a little extra incentive for this event we’re also going to give away these fantastic prizes to each archetype:
Remember that you can only get certain exclusive mounts with Premium Crystals, but keep in mind that when you do use Premium Crystals in the Item Shop those items that you purchase become character bound, so be sure to know which of your fearless fighters you want the item for before using them!
The top winner of each archetype will also receive an exclusive item that will make them recognizable everywhere in Sarnaut: the Winner’s Wings. Do you want a sneak peek?
Pimp My Build is about the participants that enter for each class, but it would not be the same without the help of the expert members of the Jury. If you know your class and want to give a hand, submit your application for the Jury!
Being a jury member is like being a special agent: you can’t tell anybody you have applied or that you are part of the jury. It requires motivation and it’s a tough job, but don’t worry, your efforts will be rewarded.
We will review all the applications and select the candidates to form a jury for each class. We will contact all the selected candidates by Private Message and they will receive further instructions.
Feel free to participate, either by publishing your build, applying for the jury or by commenting on and discussing your comrades’ topics!
Start preparing your guide, Pimp My Build: Everlasting Battle edition will run from 13th September to October 4th!