Welcome dear Orcs, Gibberlings & other Sarnautians to the final guide to the upcoming changes to Sarnaut in Allods Online: Path to Victory!
Path to Victory is an update that is full of surprises:
- The Astral Academy, a new zone which has everything you need for your Astral travels.
- The Open Piers, where every proud captain will fight to land his/her ship!
- The Warriors and their new Talent tree.
- The Weaponsmith, the new profession which will make you rich!
- The new Guild Treasury. Not only a treasury for your guild, but for your guild master who will be able to take a breath of administrative work.
- The Personal Allod Maze! Express your creativity by creating your own dungeon!
- We have been teasing you with previews for all of the exciting features and it won’t be long until you experience everything first-hand! We have one final preview left before we can clear the path to victory. It gives us great pleasure to announce the… last edition of our “A Closer Look at…”
New changes brought to Dominion, the most important battle in Sarnaut’s world!
* Please keep in mind that the information given below is subject to change at any time without notice and should not be considered as a final version.
If you’re level 55, in a guild and a fearless combatant, you haven’t missed any Dominion fights since our expansion, Lords of Destiny!
Dominion is a place for the best and that’s why improvements are constantly being made. Be ready for the new Dominion in Path to Victory!
The Dominion battles are the most epic battles in which the heroes of Sarnaut can measure their PvP skills. And you will have more opportunities to show your skills thanks to a bigger map:
You will also be pleased to hear that some changes have been made to Dominion battles:
- Each point to capture has now a specific icon. The days of “Go North-West” or “South-West” are over. Now the lead will scream “Go to the shamrock”.
- It was also tricky to know when you were in a good area to capture a point. Now, each point has a circle around its flag in order to let you know if you’re in the correct perimeter!
The new bidding system
The bidding system takes place every Thursday and Friday. There are now two stages:
- The management of your sectors.
- The management of future attacks on your enemy’s sector.
The management of your sectors
It takes place every Thursday. You can perform the following operations:
- Release (meaning abandon) your segment in order to defend and/or attack other segments.
- Select the segment where you wish to give priority to defense.
- Check your Mightiness and Fame balances.
The management of your attacks
It takes place every Friday. You can perform the following operations:
- Choose the segment you wish to attack. The number of segments you can attack each week depends on the flag held by your guild.
You can only attack a segment which is not owned by your guild, i.e. you can attack a segment which is a “neighbor” of yours, but equally, you cannot attack for a second time a segment where a flag is already raised.
If the segment is neutral, you can attack it. You can also attack a segment where your influence is higher than 10 and not 3 times less than your enemy’s influence.
Your Dominion schedule
You will be able to check the schedule of your fights. Every Friday night, you will be able to check the schedule of your Dominion fights, the name of your opponents and the the kind of fights (attack fights are symbolized by the Double Blade icons while defense fights are symbolized by the Shield icon).
A tougher competition!
With Path to Victory, the Dominion is now a well-organized military campaign! It is no longer merely a game of chance!
To take part in a Dominion fight, you must reach level 55, be in a guild and have a group of 6 players (if your group has less than 6 members, the system will try to fill your group with random allies.).
The Dominion battles are divided into 2 types: common fights and champion fights.
The Champion’s fights
You can now fight against a specific enemy at a specific time! You won’t need Dominion keys anymore: instead, the number of visits for Dominion is limited to 5 a week.
At the end of a fight, the results will be automatically adjusted and you will know what you have achieved.
The new system is organized like a mini-tournament: warring parties face each other and fight in accordance with the following rules:
- The tournament is conducted in 3 rounds of 30 minutes from the established battle time in the sector.
- Before any of these 3 rounds, a group with a champion can enter the battle queue via the Dominion tab in the guild management interface (in the event that more than one battle is available at the same time, a group can choose which they wish to participate in).
- Attacking and defending groups will be matched randomly.
- If there is more than one attacking guild, groups will take turns to join the fight.
- The winner of the fight gets one point.
- If a group lacks opponents, they will receive scores for a technical victory and enter the queue for non-champions battles.
The score depends on the number of guilds who attack the segment.
- In addition, the Champion fights are not limited to 5 Dominion battles per week. You can attend all the championship fights, unless you have lost at least one fight in the sector where the Champion battle will take place.
- A group who have lost cannot fight again in that segment the same day, but they can join the battle queues for other segments.
The non-Champion fights are now clearly separated from the Champion fights and you can join a common Dominion Battle by using the standard PvP interface. However, nothing has changed from the previous common Dominion battles.
We hope this guide helps everyone grasp the basics of the new and improved Dominion. You’re now ready to charge full steam ahead with other up-and-coming champions into the most heroic battles of Sarnaut!
Stay tuned to discover more and best of luck in Dominion War!