The Winter Event has begun! There are new items to make your winter a special one. Here is a sneak peek of what items you can get your hands on!
The majority of the celebration takes place in Novograd and Nezebgrad where you will find the Snow Maiden and Father Winter. These festive event planners can be found in Novograd's Trade District and the Empire's Imperial Square.
The Snow Maiden will offer holiday decorations that can be purchased with the Special Holiday Coins you've been saving up! You'll need these to complete Father Winter's quests to obtain Holiday Gifts!
Father Winter will give you quests to decorate the city. The decorations can be purchased with Special Copper and Silver Coins from the Snow Maiden.
During the event there will be a few new items going around, the most notable being the gifts and snowballs.
Snowballs come from interacting with a snowman that has been placed in town and can be thrown at NPCs and players. A short buff will be placed on enemy targets after being hit with a snowball. If the enemy is killed before the buff wears off, it will drop a Holiday Gift.
Snowballs can also be thrown at players with the Greedy Grandfather Frost buff to make them drop gifts, or you can just throw them at friends!
The [Holiday Gift]
is the most common gift and can be obtained without coins by looting a Holiday Tree, killing an enemy that has been hit by a Snowball, or by hitting a player with the Greedy Grandfather Frost buff with 20 Snowballs. The Holiday Gift itself is bound and can contain the following:
• [Eye of Frost]
- Bound trinket that turns your character into a frozen statue!
- Holiday decoration that can provide [Snowball]
• [Holiday Tree]
- Holiday decoration that can provide a [Holiday Gift]
• [Candy Cane]
- Holiday decoration that can be destroyed for gifts
• [Seasonal Items]
- Edible holiday items that can be consumed or vendored
• [Greedy Grandfather Frost Buff]
- Destroying 5 Candy Canes while under the effect of this buff will grant you 7 Holiday Gifts. However, if you are hit with Snowballs 10 times by other players you will instead drop Holiday Gifts for other players to loot
[Large Holiday Gift]
The [Large Holiday Gift]
can be obtained from completing Father Winter's repeatable quests. It has a chance to give a vanity headpiece, a vanity outfit, a vanity cape, a vanity back-slot item, a frosty mount pattern, a vanity underwear, a dragon mask, or a Tame Ice Wyrm. The contents of this gift are bound, however the Large Holiday Gift itself is not. The Large Holiday Gift contains the following:
• [Vanity Backpieces]
- Vanity back items. These are bound
• [Frosty Mount Patterns]
- New mount patterns. These are bound
• [Vanity Headgear]
- New vanity helms. These are bound.
• [Vanity Costumes]
- New vanity outfits. These are bound
• [Vanity Underwear]
- New vanity underwear. These are bound
• [Vanity Dragon Masks]
- New vanity dragon masks. These are bound
*Since items from the Large Holiday Gift are bound, make sure you open the Large Holiday Gift on a character that you would want to have the items on.
Please note that we discussed with the developers a variety of alternatives for how to present these patterns and vanities, however they opted to keep the boxes as they are. We would also like you to know that our support team will
not be exchanging any bound holiday items for different ones.
We hope you enjoy the winter event and the Allods Team wishes you a happy holidays!