Previously, Alchemy was changed to be more convenient. In Patch 3.05, all other professions are being brought up to speed with this new profession format. This means that crafting professions will be combined with their appropriate gathering profession counterparts to be self-sufficient. The way crafting is done has been changed as well, and at higher levels, players can even make Astral gear that can be used for upgrading their armor!
There are many new elements to the revamped professions so we are going to provide a quick overview for the profession changes you’ll encounter in Patch 3.0.5.• Merged Professions
Similar to Alchemy being merged with Herbalism, other crafting professions will include their gathering counterparts so that players will no longer need two professions for one craft.
will allow Mining
will allow Disassembling
will allow Disassembling
If a player has a pair of the above professions, the skill of their new merged profession will be based on the highest of the two that are being combined.• Simplified Profession Level Progression
Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Tailoring now scales with your character level. Each of the professions cannot be higher than your character level.• Improved Crafting Interface
With the crafting interface being changed, there are a number of new aspects of crafting such as inspiration, reforging, and workpieces. Below is a breakdown of how crafting will look.Crafting mechanics for blacksmithing, leatherworking, and tailoring will be similar, so we’re using blacksmithing as an example for this preview.
You can access the crafting window by using your crafting tool. Here you can view the items you have learned to make that have been unlocked automatically while leveling or from patterns you have found or purchased. After confirming you have selected a pattern and placed the required materials in the bottom right corner you’ll be taken to the revamped profession interface:1) Workpieces
• Every crafting attempt will successfully create an item, however the quality of that item will only be improved if you manage to get all 5 workpieces to be the same color.
• There are four grades of workpieces – Grey, Green, Blue, Purple – that determine the quality of the crafted item. 2) Locks
• This shows you how many available locks you have at the beginning of each crafting attempt.
• Locks will lock a workpiece in place so that its color is not changed when you reforge or recut the workpieces. Make sure you lock down the workpieces that you want to keep.
• In the image shown below, we are attempting to make an Uncommon Utility Rake, and so two green workpieces have been locked into place. 3) Quantity of Crafted Items
• This shows you what item(s) you will receive for creating the indicated workpiece combinations.
• The quality of the crafted item is not always the same as the quality of the workpieces used, which is why this area is important to refer to when crafting high level recipes.
• In the image shown above you would receive 2 Uncommon Utility Rakes for getting 5 green workpieces, 1 Rare Utility Rake for 5 blue workpieces, or 1 Epic Utility Rake for 5 purple workpieces4) Item You are Attempting to Craft
• This shows you what item you will create if you use the Craft Item button at that stage of the crafting process. You can stop crafting at any time to receive the item if it’s at a quality you are satisfied with.5) Reforging/Recutting
• The yellow dots indicate how many times you can reforge or recut the workpieces for the item you’re trying to make.
• Reforging is related to locks. Once you lock down the workpieces you want to keep, you can click the Reforge button that will randomize the remaining unlocked workpieces. Keep locking and reforging until you get five workpieces of the same desired color!6) Inspiration
• Inspiration allows transforming one or more workpieces into purple ones.
• You gain inspiration points every time you create an item using one or more purple workpieces. The more purple workpieces you use to craft an item, the more inspiration points you will gain.
• You can gain inspiration points regardless if the craft attempt is successful or not.
• Once you obtain enough Inspiration Points you will acquire one level of Inspiration, allowing you to transform one workpiece into a purple workpiece. This option will only become available if the workpiece being transformed is the 5th workpiece needed to create an epic item. Once you have done this, your Inspiration bar will reset. You may also choose to wait for a second rank of Inspiration before using it, which will allow you to change up to 2 workpieces to purple ones.
• Each pattern you craft will have its own inspiration bar, independent of other patterns. Therefore, if you obtain a certain amount of inspiration points for one item, you will not have those same amount of inspiration points for a different item. Only the 5 most recently crafted items will have their Inspiration stored in this way.
• In the image shown below, we see that our inspiration is triggered when the last remaining workpiece is a green-quality workpiece. We can click on the Inspiration button which will drain our inspiration points and change the green-quality workpiece into a purple-quality workpiece or we can choose not to activate inspiration for this attempt, and instead reforge one last time in hopes of getting the last purple workpiece normally, since the other 4 purple workpieces are all locked in place.• Improve Crafting with Tool Upgrades!
Your profession trainer has an assortment of items that can be purchased to improve your crafting success. These items can be applied to your crafting tools which are needed to craft items. The effects applied by the enhancement items are permanent and can all be active on the same tool at the same time.
– Doubles inspiration growth.
– Adds 1 reforging or recutting attempt.
– No longer produces gray workpieces.
– Adds an additional workpiece lock to prevent an unlimited number of workpieces from being reforged• Materials
• Materials will still be obtained similar to the way they are now.
• Disassembling will no longer require armor for materials but instead use scraps of leather and cloth found on monsters.
• Blacksmiths will be able to mine ore to be used for crafting.
•Many materials will also drop from monsters, and most patterns will require at least one type of material that is purchased from the profession trainers.• Patterns
• Many patterns are unlocked automatically as you level your profession, however most high level patterns are either purchased from your profession trainer or found on bosses in the Astral.
• Patterns found in the Astral will each teach you four new patterns you can craft: a version that can be worn and 3 upgrading versions of rare, epic, or legendary quality.
• Each pattern requires similar materials of varying quality that can be found in the Astral.
• Patterns themselves do not bind until used, and can be traded to other players. • Crafted Armor
• Low level armor will bind when created. Players are encouraged to work towards at least one profession for their character.
•High level armor will not bind to the crafter immediately, but will be more difficult to craft and will require materials from the Astral and other high level monsters.
• While it may not bind immediately, players will require a certain amount of Astral Ashes to bind a piece of upgrading or upgradable Astral armor to themselves. Astral Ashes drop from bosses in the Astral and bind when picked up.
• Astral armor varies in the amount of Astral Ashes it requires to bind it to your character. For example, creating a Rare quality upgrading item using all 5 epic workpieces will require fewer Astral Ashes than creating a Rare quality upgrading item using all 5 uncommon workpieces.
This new crafting system helps to eliminate some of the random nature of loot drops, ensuring that players who put time into crafting and adventuring in the Astral will be able to more easily obtain the armor they need, either from drops, through crafting, or from other players. Due to the required Astral Ashes however, players are still required to go adventuring in the Astral to obtain Astral gear.
We hope this preview helped shed some light on the new crafting system and how it can be used to create gear while leveling and supplement your upgrading items in the Astral.