I was musing over the ideas, basics and limitations of the Reincarnation system, and was actually curious...
Why isn't the option to reincarnate to the other faction a possibility?
Here's a list to detail the reasons why it may be an idea to consider:
- 1) Freedom to pursue what the other faction has to offer without losing progress on your account by starting over anew.
- 2) Freedom for a better dynamic control of the population by the people, for the people.
- 3) Freedom to move where friends might be.
- 4) Freedom of choice to reincarnate as a different race for the same benefit. (E.g. Main on Empire, want to Reincarnate for the skills, don't like race choices for the class you want to reincarnate as)
- 5) Freedom to move between factions to prove unbiased nature and without losing character progression. (Be it Astral Scholars or Community-Oriented people alike!)
Now of course, with any idea comes the complications of what would be considered as a poor thought.
Con(s) (and solution(s)):
Of course, this is probably the biggest contender to why there probably aren't cross-faction reincarnations (Henceforth dubbed: CFR). Kill someone on your Main, log over to your fresh reincarnation to gloat about it and harass them for it, and all that nasty stuff.
Perhaps you're doing something on your League main and JohnnyBGood (also on the League side) is causin' all sorts of trouble for your grinding area while you're trying to make gold. Time to swap over to that CFR and teach him some manners!
- Add a cool-down timer to swapping between your CFR and any other character you own under the same progenitor. Say, 15-30 minute swap-lock?
Of course, if this were to be implemented, the same current locks would apply. (E.g. reincarnating as a class you have already reincarnated as or is similar to your progenitor) Nothing would change regarding allowing factions to talk with one another in Zone chat or any of the like. The suggestion is simply meant (and based) solely off the opportunity to Reincarnate on the other side.
Now, maybe it's just me, but I honestly can't see any other repercussions to having CFRs. Any problems and solutions can be posted by you (the Community) so that we can stomp out the oppression and bring on new change for the better.
I'll appropriately edit the Cons list, (or the pros list, if anyone can come up with additional reasons why it'd be a good idea) accordingly so we can present a good and solid, valid suggestion for them to implement.
So what's your opinion?