Scouts are agile and ruthless fighters that will use any means necessary to win a battle. They excel at both ranged and close combat techniques, and can deal high amounts of damage to their enemies in a short period of time. Scouts can also weaken their enemies and impede their movements with special blows and enchanted arrows. With the added ability to camouflage themselves and sneak up on unsuspecting foes, scouts are powerful fighters that few can defeat. Scouts can use one-handed daggers, swords, maces, axes, and spears, paired daggers, swords, maces, axes, and fist weapons, sword and dagger, bows, and crossbows.
Scouts can be:
In the League:
- Trickster (Gibberling)
- Ranger (Kanian)
In the Empire:
- Marauder (Orc)
- Stalker (Xadaganian)
- Scouts don't have healing spells
- Tanking capabilities? Nope (It's possible)
- As melee, ranged classes can use you as a punching bag if you are not fast enough.
- Hard to solo strong bosses
- And some other little details..
- Capable of doing insane dps (damage per second)
- Scouts use leather armor (with armor rubies we get close enough to plate armor of same quality)
- Longest range in the game, 52 yards (scouts are a must need in Webwarden Pass, we can pull the third boss so the team doesn't have to hurry)
- Stuns, knockdowns to kill your enemy without them getting close to you
- PvP capacity: high ^
- Scouts are silent killers, having the longest range capacity we can attack an opponent giving them a hard time to find us and we can make a lot of damage while they are focused on somebody else
- Need more?
Even when we don't have any healing spells we get rubies that raise our survivability:
- 17%+ armor
- Magical resistance+
- 100% chance to parry and dodge
- 9%+ Endurance
- 9%+ Expertise
- 9%+ Willpower
- 9%+ Strength
- 15%+ Stamina and healing received
- 15%+ Rage
- 100%+ critical chance of all abilities
- Smoke Cloud to hide from enemies and the "power-ups" for Vanish
- Damage taken reduced while being behind party/raid members
- Decreased duration of stuns, knockdowns and movement impairments by 50%
- Decreased duration of blinding, fear and panic effects by 50%
- Decreased threat level by 20%
- Suddenness rubies (25% less damage with each stack, up to 3)
- And newly added the ability Unity, 15% initial hp, 15% more hp for every party member within a 100 yards
- No heals needed right?
Now you choose which want you want while getting the abilities "power-ups" rubies.
Here's a link so you can see how our ruby grind is organized. First column is melee based, second column is range based and last column is were most of the rubies written above are. Experiment with builds recommended and then make one that suits yourself.
I want to show you some pictures of me in astral:
It was a cool run with Cuttopieces
This is an endgame feature and the primary way to get gear. Never give up no matter what class you are leveling, you may feel it's hard or sometimes it's boring but the real fun comes at level 51. Real PvP, Astral, A4-A6 instance, skirmishes, etc. etc. There is always someone ready to give you a hand so when you need something just ask, there are a lot of helpful people in this game, so don't let anyone discourage you and most important, have fun.
This is my build.
More specific info on scouts:
Shaeknbaek's Scout Guide 3.0.5 Patch (Range Biased)
Zironako's Melee Scout guide
[3.04] James' Complete Guide to the Scout